As I sit here ready to write, to fill in the blanks of the past few weeks that I have been MIA, I find myself with writers block. So much has happened, but it’s like I don’t know where to start. I guess you could say I have been on a type on honeymoon.
No, I am not talking about the week after you are married and the far away place you visit with your new Mr. or Mrs. However, I am talking about the excitement, love and full out fun that a honeymoon is full of. Time away from being connected to soak in life and listen to God.
My last post was July 1, but so much has happened in the past 30 days. To catch you up let me take you on a little trip through my Instagram. Here we go….
2. I celebrated the Fourth of July with yummy food, my husband and his wonderful family. I baked a cake and even though it didn’t turn out exactly like the picture in the cookbook, it was pretty yummy! The Astros almost won, but we still had a great day celebrating our Independence and all of those who have fought for our freedom!
3. We got our new dresser! Since the Mr. and I were married last September I have come up with a way to overtake almost every place to store clothes in our home. The beautiful dresser has been on our wish list and as a reward for having an awesome spring event season we decided to move forward with the purchase. I love the the look and craftsmanship of the lovely piece, The Mr. loves that he finally has drawers! 🙂
4. I traveled home to Tulsa for awesome meetings with clients, shopping at my favorite little store and saw my pageant family in Okmulgee including the fabulous Miss Oklahoma. She is a precious child of God who will compete for Miss America in September!
5. The Frederick’s traveled to Montana where I got to work from a fabulous back porch under the big blue sky, eat the best nachos in town, play with my nephew and celebrate Blair’s grandmothers 80th birthday and Piper’s (one of our flower girls and Blair’s cousin) 7th birthday! After a lot of cake, and a lot of love, the Mr. and I were able to sneak in a date night before we left Montana.
6. The royal baby way born! I am a sucker for real life fairytales and how perfect are WIlls and Kate. I love Prince George Alexander Louis for a name and send the royal family nothing but love!
8. I found out the Christina Leigh Events was named the 7th best event planner in Houston by the Houston A -List, and was reminded how awesome God is!
10. To end this awesome month I received a review on WeddingWire from a fabulous MOB who has been such a blessing!
Whew! 10 things to sum up 30 days of my life. Along with all of the fun the past 30 days have been I have taken some time to reflex on what makes me happy, what makes me tick and set some goals. I have a few more exciting things happening this week, but will be back to blog on Monday.
I hope you have a “honeymoon” of a weekend this week. I encourage you to turn off social media (I know it is always a challenge for me) and focus on what really matters. Lara Casey explains this concept best in THIS POST.
Happy Honeymooning y’all!
Image via: Green Wedding Shoes