Can I tell y’all how excited I am? I am headed back to Tulsa for a little over 24 hours! 24 hours is not that long… but it is! Here are the things I get to look forward to:
1. I get to see my mom! My mom is my absolute best friend! They say the older you get the more you realize how amazing your parents truly are; this is so true! More on that in a later post.
2. I get to work! Last weekend CLEvents kicked off a fabulous wedding season in Ft. Worth, TX with Alex and Chance (I am in love with their wedding photos from Nine Photography!) and it made me so grateful for what I do. Every time I get to work I consider it a huge blessing to be able to bless others!
3. I get to volunteer! I was involved in the Miss America Organization for 3 years and what a fabulous 3 years it was. While I was never crowned the winner of a state pageant the Oklahoma pageant system has a place in my heart that I can’t fill with anything else. The board of directors and every volunteer touches the life of so many young women each and every year that when I was asked to volunteer for the state board I had no hesitation! This weekend is Contestant’s Day and I can’t wait to see the Miss and Teen contestants ready to compete for the state titles in June!
4. I get to have dinner with Katie! For those of you who don’t know Katie is pretty awesome! She not only blogs for CLEvents for Wedding Wednesday’s, but she has a pretty amazing blog herself. Katie and I have been blog friends for quite awhile, but when she sent me a message almost a year ago to sit down for coffee we instantly clicked! God has laid a lot on both of our hearts and this weekend we finally get to catch up! Oh how I can’t wait for our dinner date!
5. I get to see Georgia! Georgia is my second hand for our Tulsa Cattle Barron’s Ball committee (more on that on another post), but we have some pretty fun things planned for this year and we get to put that into action!
In addition to all of that fun I have to decide where to eat. When I head back to Tulsa I guess you could say all diets are off. With places like Braum’s, Taco Bueno, Rib Crib, Los Cabos, El Chico (I love Mexican food), McNellie’s and so many more that are not in Houston it’s hard to decide.
All in all I am pretty excited to jump on a plane this afternoon! What a huge blessing it is to work in two states and be surrounded by so many amazing people! And, because a blog post is not complete without a picture here’s a snapshot of my last year of competing in the Miss Oklahoma pageant.